Soft Skills Are Crucial for Career Success
Competences in Crucial Career Skills that push success upward are the ability to:
- Listen to understand other points of view.
- Engage in give and take behaviors. Memorize the phrase, “That is not my first choice, but I can live with this decision.”
- Look deeper into the other person’s personality, education, ethnic background, and previous work experience to gain understanding into their opinions.
- Exercise impulse control, a component of emotional intelligence, as you deal with your own feelings and emotions and those of others.
- When interacting with others, extend social acceptance, psychological safety and human dignity to each.
As an individual actively work to make these soft skills part of your crucial people skills. You will discover you use them every hour of the day. Once you have mastered the use of these skills, they are portable. You can take them anywhere and as the great motivator, Zig Ziglar said, “See you at the top.”