Meeting Facilitation Skills – a 21st Century “Must Have” Skill for Managers
The 21st century demands that managers be effective in running meetings and planning sessions that produce results, build consensus and move projects forward. Facilitation skills help you as a managers to get employees working together, hold them accountable, permit them to surface their concerns, voice their opinions, and build consensus.
Your ability to run an effective meeting, to build support for decisions, and your skill in reducing conflict all improve once you learn facilitation skills. As you internalize and use techniques, you will experience an unprecedented jump in professionalism and personal power as a manager.
Participants in Facilitation Skills for Managers learn the intricacies of:
- Setting up successful meetings
- Involving every participant in the discussion
- Building consensus
- Handling difficult attendees
- Working through disagreements
- Following up on assignments
- Holding employees accountable
This Facilitation Skills for Managers workshop is two days of energizing, hands-on experiences limited to 12-15 people. Managers learn how to facilitate, rather than control the group decision-making process.
Learning Topics Include:
- Distinguishing facilitation from instruction and training
- Becoming the manager who knows how to facilitate the process of teams
- Establishing ground rules
- Sticking to agendas
- Separating content and process
- Taking advantage of different types of thinking
- Dealing with controversial issues and divergent perspectives
- Honing communication skills
- Listening for common ground
- Giving effective feedback
- Dealing with difficult dynamics
- Finding consensus
- Building sustainable agreements
- Using analysis tools
- Dealing with difficult personalities
- Tips and techniques for keeping energy high
This program is not about theory, it is about learning from doing. Participants are divided into groups and using a topics of their choice, they practice facilitation. They receive detailed feedback and coaching.